hereinafter referred to as the "Seller"
hereinafter referred to as the “Owner”
for the purchase of a pet quality______ or show/breeding _______quality Miniature Australian Shepherd born on ___________________________________
The dog sold is a
The sale price is $_______ PAID IN FULL *
purchased by the Owner is from a breeding from the following Sire and Dam:
The following are obligations agreed upon by both the Seller and Owner for the sale transaction of the above mentioned dog.
1. The Seller agrees, to the best of her knowledge, that the dog purchased by the Owner is free from any communicable diseases and is of sound body, stable temperament and is in good general health.
2. The Seller agrees if the dog purchased by the Owner develops a *genetic* disorder such as hip dysplasia , deafness, cancer, epilepsy or serious eye defect before the age of 24 months, then the Seller agrees to replace the afflicted dog with another dog of equal value when one becomes suitably available from Epiphany Kennel or refund. Seller's choice. The Seller agrees that if the purchased dog in question is deemed dysplastic, deaf , suffering from cancer, serious eye defect or *genetic* epilepsy, then the Seller will replace the dog in question or refund only the purchase price (to be determined by the Seller). If the dog develops Hip Dysplasia it will the Buyer’s obligation to prove said dog is not overweight, or subjected to any other environmental situation that could contribute to the condition being environmental such as agility before the age of 1, slippery floors, excessive jumping, agility classes etc. The Seller agrees that if the purchased dog in question is deemed dysplastic, deaf , suffering from cancer, serious genetic eye defect or genetic epilepsy, then the Seller will replace the dog in question OR refund only the purchase price (to be determined by the Seller). Any and all Vet bills are the sole responsibility of the Owner. As well, the Buyer has the choice of keeping the dog that is affected or return him/her to the Breeder. If the issue is Hip Dysplasia, dog must have an OFA rating to qualify for refund or replacement. As well with any disorder, paperwork from Vet stating it is genetic and not some other cause, such as injury, environmental issue, poison etc…. are required for guarantee. Any and all Veterianary bills are the sole responsibility of the Owner. As well, the Buyer has the choice of keeping the dog that is effected or return him/her to the Breeder
3. The Purchaser agrees to take the responsiblity of registering the dog purchased from the Seller with the National Stock Dog Registry. Paperwork to be provided by the Seller by the time the dog is six months of age. Registration is done at app. 9 month of age for a reduced price on such.
4. The Seller agrees that the dog purchased by the Owner at the time of the sales transaction has had the first set of puppy shots and has been dewormed at three, five and seven weeks of age and the Seller agrees to provide a medical record indicating such. As well the pup has had it's Eye Certified clear, again paperwork indicating as such.
5. The Seller agrees to assume all liablility for the safety of the dog flying. If the dog should perish, the Seller will replace the dog with another dog of equal value minus the cost of flight, shipping etc. when one becomes suitably available from Epiphany Kennel.
1. The Owner agrees that it is their responsibility to familiarize themselves and understand the nature of the breed of dog they purchased from the Seller as well as any diseases associated with the breed and take the necessary precautions to avoid these diseases.
2. The Owner agrees that it is their responsibility to ensure that the dog purchased from the Seller maintains a sound and stable temperament and the Owner agree that the temperament may change with lack of proper discipline and training, or if the dog is mishandled or abused.
3. The Owner agrees that it is their responsibility to make sure that the dog purchased from the Seller obtains proper veterinary care, including all the necessary vaccinations required when the dog is still a puppy and all the yearly booster vaccinations thereafter.
4. The Owner agrees that it is their responsibility to make sure the dog purchased from the Seller obtains all the proper nutritional requirements to maintain a healthy life for the dog, and the Owner agrees to ensure that the dog lives a proper lifestyle suited for the breed so as not to contribute to environmental problems that may contribute to health problems, injury, etc.
5. The Owner agrees it is their responsibility to arrange to have the dog purchased from the Seller spayed or neutered before 12 months of age (unless the dog was purchased with a mutual agreement for breeding) and the Owner agrees to provide Epiphany Kennel a certificate from a competent Veterinarian stating that the dog has been spayed or neutered.
6. The Owner agree that they are obligated to use Epiphany as a prefix to the puppy's registered name and in some cases a second Kennel name may be included and that the total name including kennel names, spaces, hyphens and apostrophes will be a maximum of thirty letters. A suitable name must be provided to the Seller within thirty days from the purchased date of the dog or the Seller will suitably name the dog.
7. The Owner and Seller agree to sign a Non-Breeding Agreement that will be retained on file with Epiphany Kennel , and upon signing this agreement the Owner agrees that it is their responsibility to endure that the dog purchased from the Seller is not bred and allowed to produce a litter, unless the Seller agrees to lift the Non-Breeding Agreement.
8. The Owner agrees that if the dog purchased from the Seller is solely pet quality and definitely not to be used for a future breeding program as decided by the Seller then it is the responsibility of the Owner to have the dog spayed or neutered before the dog is twelve months of age and the Owner are to provide a copy of the spay/neutered certificate to Epiphany Kennel.
9. The Owner agrees that it is their responsibility to ensure that the dog purchased from the Seller obtains all the proper training and care to ensure the dog become a good dog citizen and that they agree to the recommendation from Epiphany Kennel to put the dog through dog obedience class to help socialize and train the dog to become a good dog citizen.
10. The Owner agrees that if for any reason they intend to dispose or transfer of ownership of the dog purchased from the Seller, they are to contact the Seller first and the Seller has the first right to take back (at no cost) or help to relocate the dog.
11. The Owner agrees that if the dog is to transfer ownership that this contract and the Non-Breeding Contract will remain in effect for each transfer of ownership and the Owner and subsequent New Owner must inform the Seller of such transfers and the subsequent new Owner must agree to this contract.
The Seller and Owner agree to the above agreement on this ______ day of ________________, 2011.